Ray of Soleil was given The Liebster Award! Thank you so much Savannah, from Savvy Darling, for nominating and following me. I’ve only discovered a few blogs with subject matter that has kept me following and hers is one of them so make sure you check her out and follow her 🙂
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Display the Liebster logo on your blog.
3. Answer the questions the award giver asked you.
4. List 11 facts about yourself
5. Pay it Forward: list 11 blogs you want to nominate and ask them 11 questions.
What I was asked:
1. What is your favorite outdoor activity?–Being on the beach or riding my bike.
2. What does your perfect day look like?–Beautiful weather, my husband and dogs by my side and a loose schedule where we leisurely spend time outdoors or doing an activity and eat when we’re hungry and leave when we’re done. No cell phones, no watches and no schedule.
3. What’s one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already? I think LIFE skills need to be taught in schools (required as core classes). How to use tools (saws) and do basic household fixes like fixing a clogged drain, installing a new light fixture, sewing and cooking, doing your own taxes, life insurance/car insurance/credit cards/investing/stock market etc. I can’t tell you anything I learned in any of my history classes (in books) but I can guarrantee if I had LIFE classes I would remember doing tasks in class, HANDS ON and be more self sufficient in those aspects.
4. How would your friends describe you? My friend Ashley tells me I’m funny and that she gets my sense of humor. I think other than that they would say I’m creative and like doing DIYs, if it was HS they would say I was a teacher’s pet but now maybe a “people pleaser.” lol I’m not exactly sure what they would say. I’d be interested to know, actually.
5. What’s the main thing that makes you unique? I think I’m an old soul. Things I find pleasurable have never really been things my peers were interested in. I feel sometimes like I relate better to people much older than me and can have and carry better conversations with them. I don’t really know “what’s cool” or who alot of celebrities are or what they’re doing, wearing etc. I don’t spend alot of time or money on my appearance for the most part with trendy clothes/makeup/jewelry. I don’t know the cool bands or download a million songs to my I-Tunes. I’d rather spend my days antiquing, or in the garden, baking, trying a new recipe, organizing my closets, watching QVC lol, stuff like that.
6. How would you define honesty? Being true to yourself and others. Letting people see the real you and being authentic with people.
7. If you could predict the future, what would you do with that knowledge? I might live life a little more recklessly. I tend to be very “safe.” I save my money and do things by the book which does make me miss out on many life experiences that I probably should be having. I could stand to be a little more wild/free.
8. If you had to spend a day not using technology, what would you do? I would swim, lay in the sun, wander around a garden center or home store, dig through thrift stores for treasures, ride my bike or sit on my patio with my dogs and a giant thermos of hot green tea, or sit with a friend by my firepit with a bottle or two of Moscato mmm.
9. What memory makes you smile the most? Hugging my husband after finding out we were having a boy and crying while we looked at each other in disbelief and excitement that we were going to be parents surrounded by cheers/handshakes and love of our friends and family.
10. What was your biggest blogging challenge thus far? Finding blogs to follow!! I’m specifically interested in homemaker kinds of blogs about decor, organization and healthy recipes so if anyone knows of any they recommend geared towards those topics let me know!! I’d love a few more places to find inspiration.
11. What drives you to continue blogging? I like having a record of the little things I do that make a difference in my life. I think it helps me to finish projects because I want things to be photo ready so something small I might procrastinate with on my own actually gets done because I want to be able to post about it. I also think it makes me feel like I accomplished something when I do something successfully from start to finish and like the end result. I’m learning as I go so it’s fun to look back at the process and remember when.
11 Random Facts:
1. My puppy Marshmallow has lots of anxiety and yells at everyone yet we call her “Mello” for short.
2. I tend to be introverted and find joy being in my house and doing solitary projects.
3. I complain about the lack of furniture in my house, yet spend enough money in accessories and holiday decor that it could have been furnished by now lol.
4. I love to dramatically change my hair color when I get bored.
5. I hate when people use the term “conversate.” That is not a word, you’ve just fused “converse” and “conversation” and it seriously irks me.
6. I stink at planning anything, parties, trips (even my own wedding lol)…etc. I’m a good idea person, but leave the logistics up to someone else.
7. I love all of the seasons but Michigan winters are entirely TOO LONG. I’d love to move a bit further south one day but can’t imagine leaving my family behind. Maybe I’ll just be a Snowbird one day and have a gorge winter home in Destin on the beach *dreaming*.
8. If you haven’t already noticed, Home Goods and TJ Maxx are my favorite stores. My happy places.
9. I love to window shop but don’t buy things because I’m cheap and love a deal.
10. I would love to take a photography/photo editing class and a sewing class one day.
11. I always wanted an older sister I could steal clothes from growing up and loved having roommates in college and being so close to people living in the dorms. Built in friends. My brother and I are 8 years apart so I always wanted a sibling closer in age.
My questions to my nominees:
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
2. What is your biggest regret?
3. Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
4. What is one of the most defining moments of your life?
5. If you had one magical power what would it be?
6. If you had one social cause or charity what would it be?
7. If you could go back to college (or go in the first place) and choose a different career path what would you choose?
8. If you could be famous for anything what would you be famous for?
9. What songs/artists make you the happiest?
10. What about you makes you unique?
11. Describe the perfect day, what does that look like?